Down on the Allotment

Matron grows vegetables and fruit in a Hampshire garden. I've been growing veggies since I was knee high to a grasshopper. Some traditional varieties and old favourites as well as new ideas. I share my garden with my allotment assistant Daisy the Labrador. On Twitter as @MatronsVeggies

Thursday, June 04, 2015

Minnesota Midget Melons

One of the great pleasures in writing about growing my fruit and veggies is that once in a while I get to meet fellow bloggers from all sorts of places.  Last Summer I met up with Wyatt's Mom when she came over to the UK from Oregon for a garden tour which included the Chelsea Flower show.  As well as swapping dog toys and treats for Leo and for Wyatt, Sue gave me a little selection of seeds.  This year I am growing these Minnesota Midget Melons.
They are looking great in the greenhouse, and I am going to start to harden them off outside now that the weather is warming up.   These are a midget melon which can be grown in a pot or on a patio.  I shall do just that!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

>