Down on the Allotment

Matron grows vegetables and fruit in a Hampshire garden. I've been growing veggies since I was knee high to a grasshopper. Some traditional varieties and old favourites as well as new ideas. I share my garden with my allotment assistant Daisy the Labrador. On Twitter as @MatronsVeggies

Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Late Harvest Courgettes

 I am still picking courgettes! in October!  It is still quite mild and although the plants are now getting quite a bit of powdery mildew I am still picking a few.
So here's an idea passed to me from my USA 'cultural Ambassador'
 Slice the courgettes (she calls them Zucchini - but she's American - but that's OK too)
 Coat them with egg and breadcrumbs. At this stage I try to add some flavour with salt, pepper, herbs (she calls them 'erbs' !!)
And fry them. A dipping sauce comes in handy, like sour cream or sweet chilli. Enjoy!

3 Comments:

At 7:55 AM, Blogger Mark Willis said...

I can imagine that this recipe improves the courgettes a lot. On their own they can be a bit bland.

 
At 6:29 PM, Anonymous Sue said...

Had fresh picked courgettes cooked as you suggest, for lunch today - delicious!

 
At 11:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I learnt that courgettes are so easy to grow. I still pick them although they are small, but lovely for the salad.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

>