Down on the Allotment

Matron grows vegetables and fruit in a Hampshire garden. I've been growing veggies since I was knee high to a grasshopper. Some traditional varieties and old favourites as well as new ideas. I share my garden with my allotment assistant Daisy the Labrador. On Twitter as @MatronsVeggies

Saturday, March 24, 2012

Matron's Markets

When I visit other places in the World one thing I love to do above all others is to visit a local fresh produce market. There is something about the colour, the smells and the pregnant vibrancy which I find irresistible.
This main produce market in Rome was open all day every day.
The market in the Campo di Fiori was amazing.
So were these home grown pineapples in the market in Ponta Delgada , Azores.
Then there was the market in Funchal, Madeira - one of my favourites.
Or the amazing market halls in Quebec, Canada.
I particularly enjoyed the English market in Cork, Ireland.
So where is Matron off to now? well stand by for my next market report from the Rialto market, Venice, Italy. Off for a few days. Baxoon!

10 Comments:

At 7:53 AM, Blogger Captain Shagrat said...

Au revoir cheris, don't know any Italiano...

 
At 8:27 AM, Blogger Rob said...

I reckon if you took your kids there would be begging you to buy them some fruit and veg they look so good. Enjoy your break.

 
At 3:26 PM, Blogger Mal's Allotment said...

Venice? Watercress?

 
At 7:12 PM, Blogger Gardeningbren said...

Oh lucky you!!! Look forward to the produce photos..bring back seeds ;-)

 
At 10:35 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Wow - have fun

I was proposed to as the clock struck midnight in Venice many many years ago by a gentleman who was just a new friend said.

I said, 'I need a husband like a fish needs a motor bike!'

We've been married many years!

 
At 3:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

have fun...look forward to hearing and seeing about the markets!

 
At 10:29 PM, Blogger Peggy said...

Hi matron, enjoy the bellinis!I look forward to seeing your photos

 
At 10:46 PM, Blogger Carrie said...

Eeek! I know that one in Rome.
Oh and Rialto Bridge - oh I had no money on that trip - need to go back.
Making me so jealous!!!!
Have a fab time x

 
At 9:36 AM, Anonymous Beep Pocock said...

Wow love the photos of the market in Rome especially the tomato section.

 
At 5:36 AM, Blogger Dan said...

Nice collection of adventures!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

>