Down on the Allotment

Matron grows vegetables and fruit in a Hampshire garden. I've been growing veggies since I was knee high to a grasshopper. Some traditional varieties and old favourites as well as new ideas. I share my garden with my allotment assistant Daisy the Labrador. On Twitter as @MatronsVeggies

Tuesday, August 03, 2010

Bilbo is Going Home!

You may remember last Summer I took Bilbo out for a day-trip to London. He has been travelling the world thanks to the Dirt Princess in Mobile, Alabama who set him out on his journey to visit garden bloggers about 18 months ago. Well, Bilbo is at his last stop now in North Dakota then he is finally going home. He has been to Sweden, Italy, Cumbria, Goucestershire, Malaysia, Canada, England and many other places.
The Dirt Princess has a special celebration planned for him when he gets home! What a great adventure!

4 Comments:

At 4:46 PM, Blogger Yolanda Elizabet Heuzen said...

Did something similar with Travelin' Spike (as in bleach blond Vampire from Buffy the Vampire Slayer). It was fun to take part in an adventure like that, hope you enjoyed it too.

 
At 6:25 PM, Anonymous Damo said...

Welcome back Bilbo!

 
At 11:25 AM, Blogger Peggy said...

Hi matron, I am just back online as I went to the mobile home for the weekend. Glad you enjoyed your visit to all parts of the Emerald Isle! I had heard of the story of greyfriars Bobby but did not realise there was an actual grave and statue!What a lovely tribute to man's best friend!

 
At 12:24 PM, Blogger Carrie said...

Wow, first you did't visit then I learn Bilbo isn't coming over (even though I invited him a long time ago), is it me - do I smell??

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

>