Down on the Allotment

Matron grows vegetables and fruit in a Hampshire garden. I've been growing veggies since I was knee high to a grasshopper. Some traditional varieties and old favourites as well as new ideas. I share my garden with my allotment assistant Daisy the Labrador. On Twitter as @MatronsVeggies

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Oh Dear!

I was in a bit of a rush yesterday and forgot to put all my tender tomato seedlings back into the greenhouse overnight.... I don't know how bad the damage will be, they look a bit sorry for themselves this morning as I think we had a bit of a ground frost overnight. Silly silly Matron!

8 Comments:

At 9:52 AM, Blogger Kath said...

Oh heck! Mine got a touch of frost in the greenhouse WITH fleece! One might not make it but I think the rest will. You don't get the frosts as badly down there (- 4 outside, -2 in the greenhouse here on Monday) so I hope they recover.

Watch it tonight though. Sharp frost forecast again!

 
At 11:16 AM, Blogger Robert Brenchley said...

Mine got mildly frosted inside a mini-greenhouse with fleece, and some of my beans were blasted in the same situation when there wasn't even a frost. But that's what you get when the wind keeps coming down from Greenland!

 
At 1:01 PM, Blogger Carrie said...

oh no!!! fingers crossed for you xx

 
At 3:55 PM, Blogger Scarecrow said...

Oh Gosh Matron
You are getting late frosts while we are just having our first (at -2C) for our winter season.
Hope you can rescue some of those tomatoes.

 
At 3:57 PM, Blogger Scarecrow said...

Sorry Matron forgot to log in on that last comment! Must be the cold weather ;)

 
At 9:08 PM, Anonymous Damo said...

Oh no! I think I may have lost my cucumbers which I planted out in the greenhouse a week ago, they look very droopy - any ideas for reviving them?

 
At 11:29 PM, Blogger BilboWaggins said...

Greenhouse inhabitants seem to have survived OK, so far, but the new potatoes which were covered with two layers of fleece/netting where looking awful when I uncovered them this morning.

Tonight they can take their chances, if they keel over completely I shall dig them up and use the bed for something else.

 
At 1:50 PM, Anonymous kitsapFG said...

I hope your tomatoes surprise you with their resilience and hardiness.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

>