Down on the Allotment

Matron grows vegetables and fruit in a Hampshire garden. I've been growing veggies since I was knee high to a grasshopper. Some traditional varieties and old favourites as well as new ideas. I share my garden with my allotment assistant Daisy the Labrador. On Twitter as @MatronsVeggies

Sunday, February 14, 2010

Northern Lights

Matron is off to Tromso, Norway for a couple of days. I am hoping to catch a glimpse of the Northern Lights if I am lucky. If not there is tons to do up there in the Arctic Circle. You can bet that mushing a team of huskies will be high on the daytime agenda!Buddy is staying with Mum for a couple of days. Back soon!

10 Comments:

At 7:31 PM, Anonymous Damo said...

Have a great trip, hope you get to see the Northern Lights.

 
At 7:31 PM, Blogger Shaheen said...

I sincerely hope you get to see the lights Matron.

Have a good time.

 
At 7:34 PM, Blogger Ribbit said...

Have fun, but most importantly, stay safe.

 
At 1:22 PM, Anonymous Laura said...

wow have a great trip I went to Kiruna in Northern Sweden February a few years ago. We drove north from there to Norway, staying with a Sami family on the way. Fantastic northern lights and dog & raindeer sledding.

 
At 2:52 PM, Blogger Bangchik and Kakdah said...

Have fun.... definitely a lot colder. ~bangchik

 
At 3:44 PM, Blogger Jo said...

Have a great time. Hope you manage to see the Northern Lights.

 
At 9:01 PM, Blogger Peggy said...

Hi matron,it would be the icing on the cake to see the Northern lights I hope you do as then we will get to see the pics!Have a great trip

 
At 4:47 AM, Anonymous Karen said...

Matron takes the funnest trips. Sorry Seattle is not on your rounds anymore! Oh well, maybe we'll meet again on your side of the pond. Norway is my ancestral homeland (well 50% worth), so I will be curious to see what you get up to there. Can't imagine there's much growing, it's all permafrost that far north, isn't it??

 
At 1:30 AM, Blogger Tira said...

have fun-you are certainly getting around this past couple years!

 
At 5:35 PM, Blogger Bob said...

Have a good holiday Matron - oh, and you too buddy.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

>