Down on the Allotment

Matron grows vegetables and fruit in a Hampshire garden. I've been growing veggies since I was knee high to a grasshopper. Some traditional varieties and old favourites as well as new ideas. I share my garden with my allotment assistant Daisy the Labrador. On Twitter as @MatronsVeggies

Monday, September 22, 2008

From the New World...

This is the most amazing trip!.. New England in the fall is stunning, and we have had perfect blue skies and calm seas the whole time. Bar Harbour in Maine is the most beautiful place. Did you know that there are about 4000 islands off the coast of Maine? Just think of all those lobsters!! I have been eating freshly caught lobsters every day. Wild blueberries and cranberries everywhere. Yesterday we were in Halifax, Nova Scotia and tomorrow we are in Quebec City for 2 nights. Lots of lovely pictures to show you when I get back... Oh yes, and I played with a live lobster yesterday..

7 Comments:

At 3:40 PM, Blogger Kath said...

I look forward to seeing some pictures of your adventures.

 
At 12:09 AM, Blogger Maggie said...

Sounds fantastic, I love lobster.
Enjoy the rest of your cruise.

 
At 8:14 AM, Blogger Rob said...

Hi Matron, it all sounds very nice. Bob

 
At 8:16 AM, Blogger clairesgarden said...

fabulous!! wish I was there!!

 
At 10:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Envying you right now. I Spent summer vacation on Mt. Desert Island in August. I always love it there. This years blueberries were amazing. Any fall color to speak of in the park?

 
At 1:15 PM, Blogger Matron said...

Update.. the fall colours are just beginning..only just! The trees will be perfect in about 3 weeks' time. The Canadian maple trees are spectacular.

 
At 6:32 AM, Blogger Joe said...

Lobster and blueberries...two of my favorite things. Maine is on my next travel itinerary.

Glad you had a great trip!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

>