Down on the Allotment

Matron grows vegetables and fruit in a courtyard garden. Which edibles will tolerate less than ideal growing conditions. Discovering how veggies can grow in partial shade.

Sunday, August 13, 2006

Gardeners Delight

At last! it's raining! Not just that pathetic damp air we have been having recently - that evaporates as soon as it hits the soil, I am talking about good hard, thumping, thirst-quenching, lip smacking, never-ending, RAIN. Haven't had rain like this since at least April or May. I look forward to going down on the allotment tomorrow and seeing what has grown.

Pictured is my Gardeners Delight tomato. Like a string of jewels! Posted by Picasa


At 10:00 AM, Blogger Hx said...

I want tommies like that, mine are about the size of my ickle finger nail, mind you they are called "The Basket Tomato" and are in a trough!


Post a Comment

<< Home