Down on the Allotment

Matron grows vegetables and fruit in a Hampshire garden. I've been growing veggies since I was knee high to a grasshopper. Some traditional varieties and old favourites as well as new ideas. I share my garden with my allotment assistant Daisy the Labrador. On Twitter as @MatronsVeggies

Friday, August 11, 2006

Free Seeds!

Each month in Kitchen Garden magazine (brilliant!) there is a free seed giveaway. This morning a big envelope arrived with 10 packets of free seeds. These are all for Autumn planting right now, all are hardy veggies which will overwinter well. Some White Lisbon, Winter hardy spring onions; a couple of frost hardy lettuce; winter parsley; and some Japanese onion seeds with a name that is something like 'shitzu' or 'sen cha' - anyway. In view of my desire to fill my cavernous 'hungry gap'..... I will get planting.

P.S. Anyone with a knowledge of the British 'Carry-on' films may have guessed that my love of the double-entendre is the reason I have this nickname.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

>