Down on the Allotment

Matron grows vegetables and fruit in a Hampshire garden. I've been growing veggies since I was knee high to a grasshopper. Some traditional varieties and old favourites as well as new ideas. I share my garden with my allotment assistant Daisy the Labrador. On Twitter as @MatronsVeggies

Sunday, August 20, 2006

Dills Atlantic Giant

A watched pot never boils - or so they say! This one is about 14 inches in diameter at the moment, the shape is somewhat like a beer belly, whereas the second plant has a smaller but perfectly formed "Cinderella" shaped pumpkin. Still feeding with manure tea or Tomorite. I heard that real ale is quite a good feed - seems like a waste to me. Posted by Picasa

1 Comments:

At 10:31 PM, Blogger Greenmantle said...

I've got two as well, the nicer looking one I have been snapping, and another one that has grown in a stranger torpedo sort of shape. It' hard to tell which is actually bigger/heavier as they are so different.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

>