Down on the Allotment

Matron grows vegetables and fruit in a Hampshire garden. I've been growing veggies since I was knee high to a grasshopper. Some traditional varieties and old favourites as well as new ideas. I share my garden with my allotment assistant Daisy the Labrador. On Twitter as @MatronsVeggies

Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Sex in the plant world..


Don't get excited ! I went round a few days ago, pulled the petals of a ripe male flower (see the more yellow one in the background here).. and polinated inside a female flower - just in case they couldn't manage it on their own. Here is one of my "Dills Atlantic Giant" pumpkins. The others I have are yellow so I can't figure out where these stripes came from. Awaits. Posted by Picasa

1 Comments:

At 10:05 AM, Blogger Hx said...

OMG she's pimping the plants!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

>