Down on the Allotment

Matron grows vegetables and fruit in a Hampshire garden. I've been growing veggies since I was knee high to a grasshopper. Some traditional varieties and old favourites as well as new ideas. I share my garden with my allotment assistant Daisy the Labrador. On Twitter as @MatronsVeggies

Monday, July 31, 2006

Banana shallots


I grew these from seed this year, one of the wonderful selection from the Italian seed company. Perfectly dry now, I shall tie them into a string. I have been on an allotment ever since I could walk, my Father taught me how to string onions when I was small. I wish I knew a young person who was interested so that I could pass on this skill. Posted by Picasa

1 Comments:

At 7:42 AM, Blogger Greenmantle said...

Well I'm a young 39-ish, and I'd love to know how to do it properly!

Can you blog us a masterclass ?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

>