Down on the Allotment

Matron grows vegetables and fruit in a Hampshire garden. I've been growing veggies since I was knee high to a grasshopper. Some traditional varieties and old favourites as well as new ideas. I share my garden with my allotment assistant Daisy the Labrador. On Twitter as @MatronsVeggies

Monday, June 12, 2006

Fecundity


One of my favourite words is FECUNDITY. It sums up everything I love about growing food to eat. Just imagine walking through the fruit orchard at Wisley, and the trees are laden with stuff like this! This is why I grow my own.

I planted out my sweet potatoes today. They had a massive root system inside the pots already, very healthy and growing several new leaves every day. I snipped a cross in the black plastic and dug them into a hole. Scorching hot today, my thermometer was 90degrees in the shade. PHEW! Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

>