Down on the Allotment

Matron grows vegetables and fruit in a Hampshire garden. I've been growing veggies since I was knee high to a grasshopper. Some traditional varieties and old favourites as well as new ideas. I share my garden with my allotment assistant Daisy the Labrador. On Twitter as @MatronsVeggies

Tuesday, May 23, 2006

MY FIRST BLOG!

Welcome to my first blog!... The purpose of this blog is to share the day to day happenings down on the allotment. If you are interested in an intimate account of the progress of my compost heap, or my wormery, then you are at the right place.

How tall are my broad beans today? Have my French beans germinated yet? How long will it take to harden off my pumpkins?

Whenever I meet a fellow gardener it is such a joy to compare experiences of growing veggies!. If you are wanting flowers... then you are in the wrong blog!.. for as I say "YOU CAN'T EAT FLOWERS!". (well technically I know all the guff about chive flowers and nasturtiums..blah blah)

There may also be various updates on my latest holiday, probably in terms of how worried I am that the garden will be OK when I get back..

This is all very new to me.

1 Comments:

At 5:21 PM, Blogger Wild Mood Swings said...

Matron this program maybe able to help you out with posting your veggie pictures direct to blog.

Picasa

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

>